Monday, October 26, 2009

On the Road in the Gypsy Rose

Hi There,

I am in Kaikoura parked in my campervan on the beachfront on the Kaikoura coast. It is very cold having snowed down low last night and it is cold and grey. Later today if it warms up I will go for a ride, in the meantime it is long walks along the beach with my travelling companion Copper, a red border Collie cross who has entered my life and been with me about six weeks. He is a great travelling companion and loves new adventures.

Yesterday we were at Rarangi Beach not far from Blenheim. I notice both there and here in Kaikoura cycle paths are being constructed. I am sure this is a result of the Government's interest in having a series of cycleways constructed throughout New Zealand in different areas, and hopefully linking them up. Great to provide cyclists with an alternative to the busy highways. Don't know whether it will suit roadies though, I think a lot of the paths will be gravel. Still there are some wonderful sealed backcountry roads in most districts with little traffic. Good to provide a safer enviornment so more people will enjoy being out on their bikes.

I am off to Amberley and then to Culverden where I will be attending a Christmas Country Fete on a high country farm. Aspiring Cyclewear and my handwoven range of clothing will be on display.

Bye for Now.
Rosemary Weir
Aspiring Cyclewear

No comments:

Post a Comment